February 3, 2010

Intro

This blog is going to be used to document my experience using marijuana to treat my Ulcerative Colitis. As of today, I've been smoking a joint of marijuana every other day for a week and have seen a vast improvement of my sypmtoms. Before trying marijuana as a treatment, I was having extremely loose stools 6 - 10 or more times a day with cramping, bleeding and mucus. Currently, I have been going 4-6 times a day with much firmer stool.

In 2002, I was diagnosed with left-sided "moderate" Ulcerative Colitis (on my last colonoscopy things looked normal past 60cm) and tried 5ASAs which made my symptoms worse and seemingly caused symptoms on my right side. I've tried the Specific Carbohydrate diet two times; once for a year and a half, and more recently I stuck to the intro diet for two months. Neither really helped much, although on the intro diet I certainly went to the bathroom less, I also lost 15 pounds.

I'm certainly (cautiously) optimistic about this new course of treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment